Watch Green Day frontman Billy Joe Armstrong jam with his musical idols, the Replacements
Billie Joe Armstrong is a big fan of the Replacements, and now, for a second time, the Green Day frontman was able to jam with his musical heroes live in concert. Armstrong waltzed onstage to lend a hand with guitars and vocals during the Replacements’ show last weekend at the Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta for what was a memorable performance.
Armstrong was also spotted performing onstage with the Replacements during one of the group’s two shows at last month’s Coachella Festival.
The Replacements famously broke up in 1991, but this year marks the return of the legendary Minneapolis-based rockers. The group is scheduled to perform their first headlining show in more than 20 years on July 4 in the band’s hometown. The Replacements have performed at a handful of festivals already this year, but the Minneapolis gig will celebrate the band’s first headlining appearance since their breakup. Of course, it’s already sold out. The Replacements’ last headlining show took place on the Fourth of July in 1991 in Chicago’s Grant Park.
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie
- Green Day to Close Out North American Tour at the Rose Bowl
- Green Day Announce 2017 Summer Tour Dates
- Green Day Postpone Tour Dates Due to Illness
- Green Day: North American Tour Dates and Billie Joe Armstrong on the Big Screen