Billy Corgan brings some alternative rock spice to the latest issue of ‘Food Network Magazine’
Sure, Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan is keeping busy recording his upcoming studio album with the band and working with Tommy Lee on drums, but Corgan still has time for some side projects. The Pumpkins mainstay has lent a helping hand to the July/August issue of “Food Network Magazine,” adding an alternative rock edge to the summer issue.
This particular feature in the “Food Network Magazine,” named “Food Network Stars and Their Music Friends,” teams famous musicians with Food Network personalities for a unique experience. In the spread, Corgan — who owns and operates a Chicago-based tea shop called Madame ZuZu’s — is matched up with Jeff Mauro of the Food Network shows “Sandwich King” and “The Kitchen.” Corgan and Mauro are both from Chicago, so they have some common ground off the bat. In the segment, Corgan tells Mauro that he recalls eating at Central Gyros on the northwest side of Chicago.
Mauro added, “Billy has shown that you can be happy in the place where you grew up,” since Corgan still lives in Chicago and is a big supporter of the city.
The magazine’s July/August issue also features big-named musicians Sammy Hagar and Taylor Swift.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’