Foo Fighters will premiere their new documentary series, ‘Sonic Highways,’ on Oct. 17
Foo Fighters have announced that the band’s upcoming documentary series, “Sonic Highways,” will premiere on Oct. 17 on HBO. The series is a compliment to the rock band’s upcoming, as-yet-untitled eighth full-length album, which frontman Dave Grohl and company recorded in eight different cities and studios around the country, including Chicago, Nashville, Los Angeles, Austin, Seattle, New Orleans, Washington, D.C., and New York.
Grohl directed the series, which will offer eight one-hour episodes giving the history of the recording studios and musical cities the Foos visited as they recorded the new album. Expect the series to “chronicle the history, cultural environment and people defining that city’s unique musical identity,” an official press release explained.
While a release date has yet to be announced for the Foo Fighters’ upcoming album, it’s expected to arrive around the time the HBO series premieres. View a teaser video from the series below.
The string of episodes will debut at 11 p.m. EST on Friday, Oct. 17. Additional episodes will run in the same time slot on the following Fridays.
Watch a Teaser for Foo Fighters’ ‘Sonic Highways’:
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Foo Fighters’ New Album: We Won’t Be Ready Until Dave’s Ready, Says Taylor Hawkins
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’