According to Courtney Love, much of the Smashing Pumpkins album ‘Siamese Dream’ was written about her
Courtney Love thinks she was likely the secret to the success of Smashing Pumpkins’ famed “Siamese Dream” album. In fact, Love asserts that the reason Billy Corgan’s early releases topped the charts is because he wrote most of those songs about her.
“He stopped writing about me and then he stopped having hits,” Love said during an interview with BBC Radio 6.
Love added that the Smashing Pumpkins’ popular “Siamese Dream” album was almost completely written about her. “There’s one song (on “Siamese Dream”) called ‘Spaceboy’ about (Corgan’s) brother, but the rest are pretty much about me,” Love stated. The Hole frontwoman also asserted the “Siamese Dream” song “Today” and “Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness” songs “Tonight, Tonight” and “Bodies” were written about her.
Love and Corgan dated for a short while before she married Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain.
- Smashing Pumpkins Reunite with James Iha for First Time in 16 Years
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’
- Billy Corgan Writes Tribute to Scott Weiland
- Courtney Love is Okay with Justin Bieber’s Nirvana Tee
- Billy Corgan: Radiohead Was the Last Band That Did Anything New With Guitar