Eddie Vedder’s cover of John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ is available on iTunes with proceeds going towards Heartbeat.fm
Back on July 18, Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder performed a cover of John Lennon’s “Imagine” at a solo show in Meco, Portugal. It was the first time Vedder has ever played the famed anti-war song live, so the performance drew a great deal of attention.
“It seems like maybe there is a reason to play it,” Vedder said to the crowd at the performance before starting the song. “If you’d like join me or use your voices or hold a light there might be some people out there that need to know they are not alone.”
Now, Vedder is releasing his cover of “Imagine” — an unplugged take on the show with only acoustic guitar and Vedder’s vocals — on iTunes. Funds raised from iTunes sales will go to Heartbeat.fm, an organization that is working to bring together Israeli and Palestinian youth musicians.
In other news, Pearl Jam are currently on a fall tour through North America that reaches St. Louis, Mo., tonight (Oct. 3).
- Eddie Vedder Makes Family’s Christmas Dream Come True
- Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder Celebrates Wild-Card Win with Chicago Cubs
- Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder and More Take Part in the Who Jam Session
- Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic Supports Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder in Anti-War Comments
- Pearl Jam Singer Eddie Vedder Clarifies Anti-War Statement