Danny Worsnop has left Asking Alexandria to focus on new creative endeavors
Asking Alexandria are changing forever. The English metalcore band’s lead singer Danny Worsnop has left the group. In a statement posted on his official Twitter page, Worsnop explained that he’s exiting the band to focus on new creative endeavors, such as his new band, We Are Harlot.
We Are Harlot’s self-titled debut will drop on March 31.
“To all of my friends and fans: I would like to let you know that Asking Alexandria and I are moving forward in separate ways,” Worsnop stated via TwitLonger. “Over the last eight years together we’ve done some amazing things and created something truly special. I now, same as then, want what’s best for the band and at this point in time, that isn’t me.”
He added, “Asking Alexandria will continue to tour throughout the year and will be working on a new album. I will always support and love Asking Alexandria and cannot wait to see what the future holds for them. I am excited for the next chapter of my life with We Are Harlot and will see you all on the road!”
As for the guys of Asking Alexandria, guitar player Ben Bruce has posted a statement on the band’s official Facebook page saying that the band will appear at the Vans Warped Tour with a new lead singer.
Photo by Anne Erickson
- Danny Wornsop Releases Solo Album Details and Reunites with Asking Alexandria
- Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Asking Alexandria and More to Play Dirt Fest 2016
- Bullet for My Valentine and Asking Alexandria Add 2016 Tour Dates
- Asking Alexandria Give New Album Update
- Asking Alexandria to Release ‘Live From Brixton and Beyond’ DVD Set