Jack White’s ‘Lazaretto’ is the top selling vinyl release of 2014
Jack White is truly the king of vinyl. Now that the final sales week of 2014 has wrapped, the tally on the No. 1 selling vinyl release of 2014 is in, and the honors goes to White. The former White Stripes frontman sold 86,707 copies of his “Lazaretto” ULTRA LP sole vinyl configuration in the U.S., with the worldwide total more than 150,000, making White’s solo album, “Lazaretto,” the highest spot on the 2014 vinyl sales chart and the highest vinyl sales year of the Soundscan era.
Thanks to the 40,000 copies the “Lazaretto” ULTRA LP that sold in the week following its June 10 release, White scored the highest first-week vinyl numbers since Soundscan started tracking sales data in 1991.
This isn’t the first time White has broken records with vinyl releases. Earlier this year, he released a seven-inch single featuring a mono live version of the title track “Lazaretto” via his Third Man Records website. With the lightning-fast speed, White set a new record for the World’s Fastest Released Records.
- Jack White to Receive Honors from Recording Academy Producers and Engineers
- Jack White Acoustic Album to Drop in September
- Jack White Has a Fan in Dolly Parton
- Pearl Jam Perform Surprise Gig with Jack White
- White Stripes’ ‘Peel Sessions’ to Drop on Record Store Day