‘Rock Icons,’ a new VH1 Classic series, will profile legendary rock musicians
A new VH1 Classic documentary series called “Rock Icons” premiered last Saturday (Feb. 21) featuring Geddy Lee of Rush. The show – a music biography series profiling the “most legendary artists in the history of rock music,” according to a release – will air at 10 p.m. ET/PT every Saturday. Each half-hour episode will feature a detailed profile of a different rock musician. Other players slated to appear on the show include Judas Priest‘s Rob Halford, Slash, Def Leppard‘s Joe Elliott Ted Nugent, Heart’s Ann Wilson, Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine, Mötley Crüe’s Nikki Sixx and the Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan.
The episodes will offer interviews with the musicians and their musical comrades, plus never-before-seen footage. Banger Films is producing the series—the same company that put together rock-fueled documentaries including “Metal: A Headbanger’s Journey,” “Super Duper Alice Cooper” and “Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage.”
“Rock Icons” has the perfect time slot, too. The show airs following the 9 p.m. ET/PT Saturday viewings of “That Metal Show.” Then, “That Metal Show” repeats at 11 p.m. ET/PT each Saturday.
Photo by Anne Erickson
- Record Store Day 2017: Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Def Leppard + More
- Rob Halford Box Set on the Way this Spring
- Judas Priest Review: ‘Turbo 30’ Revisits Classic Album with New Life
- Slash, Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready Appear on Ace Frehley’s Covers Album
- Slash, Alice in Chains’ Jerry Cantrell to Appear in Electric Guitar Documentary