Chris Cornell’s new solo album is in the can
The post features a photo of the Soundgarden frontman with some friends and collaborators in the studio. It reads, “Last day of recording solo album! Thanks Brendan, Tom and Kyle. We made the magic happen.”
The upcoming album will mark the follow-up to Cornell’s last solo studio album, 2009’s “Scream,” which was produced by Timbaland. “Scream” wasn’t what Soundgarden fans expected to hear out of Cornell, since it had a more electro-pop style than grunge rock. This time around, Cornell worked with producer Brendan O’Brien on the songs, who has worked with a long list of notable rockers, including Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine and AC/DC.
In other news, Cornell’s thick vocals can be heard on the new song from Zac Brown Band, “Heavy is the Head.” The song appears on the country group’s upcoming album, “Jekyll + Hyde,” which will drop on April 28.
Photo by Anne Erickson
- Soundgarden Unveil Remixed Version of ‘Flower’
- Soundgarden Announce U.S. Tour Dates
- Chris Cornell Discusses Possibility of More Audioslave Shows
- Soundgarden to Release ‘Ultramega OK’ Reissue
- Soundgarden Guitarist Kim Thayil Talks Pearl Jam Rock Hall Pick