Ozzy Osbourne and company have canceled Ozzfiesta, as Ozzy is scheduled to get surgery this May
“Like you, we were very excited about the event. However, Ozzy is having surgery, scheduled for May, following his South American tour,” organizers Cool Breeze Concerts said in a statement. “He requires at least four weeks of recovery time. We are very disappointed that we need to cancel.”
Ozzfiesta was set to take place May 27-31 at the Hard Rock Hotel in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Ozzy was schedule to perform a headlining set at the festival. Black Label Society were also set to performed, as well as an acoustic performance by Black Label Society frontman and former Ozzy guitarist Zakk Wylde.
Ozzy still has appearances at the Monsters of Rock festival in Brazil and Argentina on his upcoming itinerary, as well as two shows in Mexico this August.
In other Ozzy news, the metal man’s other band, Black Sabbath, recently dropped the news their “farewell” gig will take place this November at Ozzfest Japan.
- Tom Morello Talks Playing with Ozzy Osbourne, New Solo Album
- Black Sabbath to Record Final Album
- Ozzy Osbourne Not Optimistic About Rock’s Future
- Ozzy Osbourne Says Future of Black Sabbath Depends on Tony Iommi’s Health
- Ozzy Osbourne Issues Official Statement Regarding Divorce Rumors