Big rock and metal names are set for the upcoming Acoustic-4-a-Cure benefit concert
Metallica frontman James Hetfield and classic rocker Sammy Hagar are booked to headline the second annual Acoustic-4-a-Cure benefit concert. Tickets for the show, which will take place May 15 at the Masonic in San Fransisco, will go on sale at 10 a.m. PT April 10 via Live Nation.
On top of the headliners, Acoustic-4-a-Cure will feature performances form Alice in Chains‘ Jerry Cantrell, guitarist Joe Satriani and Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith. Train’s Pat Monahan and 4 Non Blondes’ Linda Perry will also appear at the show.
Each performer on the bill will play acoustic sets, with “once-in-a-lifetime musical moments, duets, jams and surprise guests” on tap, according to the event’s official website.
It’s appropriate that Hetfield and Hagar would headline the show, as the two founded Acoustic-4-a-Cure with the goal to raise funds for and awareness of the Pediatric Cancer Program at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital. Last year’s show featured Hetfield, Hagar, Satriani, Monahan, Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong, Heart’s Nancy Wilson and the U.K.’s Scott Matthews.
- Jason Newsted Weighs In on Metallica’s New Album and Robert Trujillo
- Record Store Day 2017: Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Def Leppard + More
- Korn Taps Metallica Bassist Robert Trujilo’s Son for Upcoming Tour
- Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain + Alice in Chains’ Layne Staley – Remembering the Legacy
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie