Brandon Flowers says the Killers need a ‘kick in the pants’ to start working on new music
The Killers have been on hiatus lately, and their last studio album, “Battle Born,” arrived back in 2012. Frontman Brandon Flowers knows exactly what will get the guys working on new music again.
“I think we need a little bit of a kick in the pants,” Flowers told Rolling Stone. “And hopefully it’s coming. We really need to find a way to get a little bit of that drive and that hunger back that we had earlier on, and not just look at it as an opportunity to make more money and make a record and go tour.”
He added, “And it’s great to make money, but I want to walk on that stage and feel like I belong there, and feel like I have something to offer. And that’s the most important thing.”
In some good news, Flowers said guitarist Dave Keuning “hasn’t sounded this excited about making music in a long time.”
“I feel like when he’s at his best, and when we’re all collaborating, is when the Killers are at their best,” Flowers said, referring to Keuning. “That’s what we really need.”
Flowers is currently coming up on the release of his sophomore solo album, “The Desired Effect,” which will arrive on May 19.
- The Killers Announce Christmas Singles Compilation
- Mark Stoermer of the Killers Announces Solo Album, ‘Dark Arts’
- Brandon Flowers Explains How the Killers’ Christmas Single Tradition Began
- The Killers’ Brandon Flowers Says Bands Today Can’t Match U2’s Impact
- Brandon Flowers Says New Solo Album Will Be ‘Different’