Green Day’s new documentary about the making of ‘American Idiot’ is coming to DVD
Green Day’s upcoming documentary “Heart Like a Hand Grenade” will debut in theaters next week, but if you don’t go to the theater to check out the film, you’ll be able to watch it in your living room. The movie will arrive on DVD on Nov. 13. The show chronicles Green Day as the band records its mega-popular 2004 album “American Idiot,” which featured such hits as “Boulevard of Broken Dreams,” “Wake Me Up When September Ends” and “Holiday.”
“Heart Like a Hand Grenade” will reach theaters in the U.S. on Oct. 15. The next day, the movie will be available on a special digital platform via Vimeo’s On Demand service.
“We can’t believe this was shot over a decade ago. Little did we know that this was only the beginning of the adventure this record would go on to be,” Billie Joe Armstrong said in a statement. “We are stoked for our fans to see this footage for the first time and watch us try and figure it all out.”
This has been a banner year for Green Day. Earlier this year, the California punk-rockers – Armstrong, bass player Mike Dirnt and drummer Tre’ Cool — were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie
- Green Day to Close Out North American Tour at the Rose Bowl
- Green Day Announce 2017 Summer Tour Dates
- Green Day Postpone Tour Dates Due to Illness
- Green Day: North American Tour Dates and Billie Joe Armstrong on the Big Screen