Want to buy Kurt Cobain’s cardigan or a lock of his hair? You’re in luck
Remember the green cardigan that Kurt Cobain sported during Nirvana‘s “MTV Unplugged” performance? Well, that snazzy cardigan is going to auction. The sweater is projected to be sold for $60,000 when it goes up on auction on Saturday (Nov. 7). The auction is part of the Julien’s Live “Icons and Idols: Rock ‘n’ Roll” sale.
“The Manhattan brand sweater is a blend of acrylic, mohair and Lycra with five-button closure (one button absent), with two exterior pockets, a burn hole and discoloration near left pocket and discoloration on right pocket, size medium,” a description for the cardigan reads. The sweater will come with a letter of authenticity signed by the “Cobain family friend” who gave the cardigan to the auction.
The “MTV Unplugged” episode with Nirvana was filmed in November of 1993, and a recording of the set arrived in November of 1994, following Cobain’s suicide.
As if purchasing Cobain’s cardigan wasn’t strange enough, the auction will also have a lock of Cobain’s hair up for bid. The hair was first given to doll maker and artist Dame Darcy by Courtney Love. It’s projected to snag up to $10,000.
Bidding for the items will start online via JuliensLive.com.
- Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain + Alice in Chains’ Layne Staley – Remembering the Legacy
- Smile Empty Soul’s Sean Danielsen Talks ‘Rarities,’ Covering Nirvana and More
- Nirvana Singer Kurt Cobain Would Have Turned 50 Years Old Today
- Nirvana Compilation ‘Incesticide’ Turns 25 in 2017
- Krist Novoselic on What Kurt Cobain Would Think of Modern Music