Black Label Society’s Zakk Wylde has a new solo album up his metal sleeve
It’s taken 20 years, but guitar hero Zakk Wylde is finally ready to release his sophomore solo album. Wylde, who is known for fronting Black Label Society and formerly holding down lead guitar duties with Ozzy Osbourne’s band, will release his second solo album, “Book of Shadows II,” on April 8.
“Book of Shadows II” follows Wylde’s solo debut, “Book of Shadows,” which dropped in 1996. Wylde released “Book of Shadows” when he was part of Osbourne’s band. He went on to create Black Label Society in 1998.
Wylde plans to take “Book of Shadows II” on the road with a North American tour. Dates for the trek are expected to be revealed soon.
In other news, Wylde is currently keeping busy with his Black Sabbath tribute band, Zakk Sabbath. The group will perform on Jan. 23 in Anaheim, California, at the annual National Association of Music Merchants Convention.
Photo by Anne Erickson
- Zakk Wylde’s Band Zakk Sabbath Announces Headlining Tour
- Zakk Wyle to Head Up Generation Axe Tour
- Zakk Wylde Supports the Idea of a Pantera Reunion
- Zakk Wylde, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and More to Appear on Experience Hendrix Tour
- Zakk Wylde’s Beloved Les Paul Found