Watch Jane’s Addiction’s Perry Farrell perform a Beatles classic
Jane’s Addiction frontman Perry Farrell is one of the musicians who honored George Harrison at a concert recorded for an upcoming live concert video and live album, “George Fest: A Night to Celebrate the Music of George Harrison.” At the show, Ferrell rocked a cover of the Beatles song “Here Comes the Sun,” which Harrison penned. Farrell’s performance of “Here Comes the Sun” is streaming now via YouTube.
George Fest took place last September. Joining Farrell as performers at the tribute show were Heart’s Ann Wilson, the Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson, the Killers’ Brandon Flowers and the Flaming Lips’ Wayne Coyne. Other entertainment came from members of Weezer, the Strokes, Spoon, Cold War Kids and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Harrison’s son, Dhani, also performed and co-produced the event.
“George Fest: A Night to Celebrate the Music of George Harrison” will arrive on Feb. 26, which is one day after what would have marked Harrison’s 73rd birthday.
Watch Perry Farrell Perform the Beatles’ ‘Here Comes the Sun’:
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Pearl Jam, Jane’s Addiction Among 2017 Rock Hall Nominees
- Jane’s Addiction Plots Lollapalooza 25th Anniversary Show
- Jane’s Addiction’s Chris Chaney to Appear on Joe Satriani’s New Album
- Jane’s Addiction to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame