Pearl Jam rocked a surprise performance at Nashville’s Third Man Records
Legendary ‘90s grunge band Pearl Jam surprised fans with a spontaneous gig at Third Man Records in Nashville Thursday evening (June 9), and Jack White joined them during the performance. White – who rose to fame as half of the rock duo the White Stripes and founded Third Man Records – performed with Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder and the crew during a rendition of Pearl Jam’s tune “Of the Earth.” Third Man Records posted a photo from the surprise appearance on its Instagram page.
Those who want a piece of the show will have that chance, as the full gig was recorded with Third Man Records’ signature “direct-to-acetate” technique; hence, it was pressed to vinyl following the performance.
In other news, Pearl Jam headlined Tennessee music festival Bonnaroo on Saturday (June 11). Next up, the guys will continue on their North American tour in July. For a full date of upcoming shows, head to Pearl Jam’s website.
- Record Store Day 2017: Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Def Leppard + More
- Pearl Jam Guitarist Mike McCready to Release Photo Book
- Original Pearl Jam Drummer Talks Rock Hall Induction
- Eddie Vedder Makes Family’s Christmas Dream Come True
- Soundgarden Guitarist Kim Thayil Talks Pearl Jam Rock Hall Pick