Would you mistake the Red Hot Chili Peppers for Metallica?
Red Hot Chili Peppers are a pretty identifiable rock band, but sometimes, bands just get confused for other bands. As Peppers bass player Flea notes, the guys were reportedly confused for the metal men of Metallica while they were recently going through the Belarus airport. It’s a bit strange, since the guys of Metallica are recognizable, too.
“We were called into customs officials office at an airport in Belarus and they asked us to sign a bunch of Metallica (CDs) and photos,” Flea wrote on his Instagram. “We tried to explain to them that we weren’t Metallica but they insisted that we sign anyway. They had the power.”
Flea noted that he did once perform the tune “Fight Fire with Fire” with Metallica, but that doesn’t make him Robert Trujillo.
In other news, the Red Hot Chili Peppers recently wrapped up a tour through Europe behind their latest studio album, “The Getaway.” The guys are on target to play some festival shows in North America this summer, including gigs at the Ottawa Bluesfest Lollapalooza in Chicago.
Follow Audio Ink Radio on Facebook here and Twitter @AudioInkRadio.
- Jason Newsted Weighs In on Metallica’s New Album and Robert Trujillo
- Korn Taps Metallica Bassist Robert Trujilo’s Son for Upcoming Tour
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich: You Want to Make Shows into Events
- Metallica and Lady Gaga Share Grammy Rehearsal Footage