Happy 25th anniversary to Lollapalooza
Lollapalooza music festival is 25 this year, and Jane’s Addiction is commemorating that anniversary with a handful of fellow ‘90s rockers. The band, which is fronted by Lollapalooza founder Perry Farrell, will headline an anniversary show Sept. 23 at the Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre in Irvine, California. Other groups slated to perform include Garbage, the Cult, Violent Femmes and House of Pain. For ticket information, head to JanesAddiction.com.
Farrell started Lollapalooza in 1991. This show is a homecoming of sorts, as the Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre was a venue on the first Lollapalooza tour. That debut year featured Nine Inch Nails, Siouxsie & the Banshees and Living Colour.
The show won’t just honor Lollapalooza. Jane’s Addiction will also commemorate the 25th anniversary of their sophomore album, album “Ritual de lo Habitual,” at the Irvine gig. If you’re a Jane’s Addiction fan, you likely know the single off the album by heart: “Stop!“ and “Been Caught Stealing.”
Follow Audio Ink Radio on Facebook here and Twitter @AudioInkRadio.
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Pearl Jam, Jane’s Addiction Among 2017 Rock Hall Nominees
- Perry Farrell Covers the Beatles’ ‘Here Comes the Sun’
- Jane’s Addiction’s Chris Chaney to Appear on Joe Satriani’s New Album
- Jane’s Addiction to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame