How does Metallica’s Lars Ulrich stay fit?
Do you ever wonder how some rockers who were touring the globe in the ‘80s still have the stamina to tour and make music today? Maybe it’s diet. Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich has an interesting formula for keeping his drumming in top form: He runs 30 to 45 minutes a day and lots and lots of special oat pancakes.
“A significant part of my diet are these oat pancakes that I eat,” Ulrich told the New York Post. “They’re made of egg whites, oats, fat-free yogurt and a little Stevia. That’s my carbs.”
“I eat about 20 of them a day,” he added . “I’m never more than six feet away from a pancake at any time! It’s the fuel to the drumming in Metallica.”
Lars will have to keep up with the pancake routine, as Metallica are plotting a U.S. tour next year to support their upcoming album, “Hardwired…to Self-Destruct.” The guys released the first music video from the set, “Moth into Flame,” which you can check out here.
- Jason Newsted Weighs In on Metallica’s New Album and Robert Trujillo
- Korn Taps Metallica Bassist Robert Trujilo’s Son for Upcoming Tour
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich: You Want to Make Shows into Events
- Metallica and Lady Gaga Share Grammy Rehearsal Footage