Watch footage of Metallica in the studio working on their new album
Metallica are inching closer and closer to the release date for their new album, “Hardwired…to Self-Destruct.” Now, the guys have unveiled a behind-the-scenes video giving fans an inside look at the recording process and creation of the metal band’s new single, “Moth into Flame.”
The video showcases footage of band members James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo toiling away on the track. At first, the song was going to be called “Plow,” but eventually changed to “Moth into Flame.” The clip also shows some random behind-the-scenes moments that don’t really have much to do with the recording process. Watch the “Moth into Flame” video via Metallica.com.
“Moth into Flame” will arrive on “Hardwired…to Self-Destruct.” It’s the second single off the album. The release’s first single, “Hardwired,” quickly jotted to no. 1 on Billboard‘s Mainstream Rock Songs chart when it was released last month.
“Hardwired…to Self-Destruct” will hit stores on Nov. 18.
Watch Metallica’s ‘Moth into Flame’ Behind-the-Scenes Video:
- Korn Taps Metallica Bassist Robert Trujilo’s Son for Upcoming Tour
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich: You Want to Make Shows into Events
- Metallica and Lady Gaga Share Grammy Rehearsal Footage
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich Talks Grammys, Lady Gaga