Taylor Hawkins weighs in on the possibility of new Foo Fighters music
Whenever Foo Fighters go on a break, inevitably, one question surfaces quickly: When are Foo Fighters getting back together? Well, Dave Grohl and the guys took much of this year off, but 2017 looks like it’s shaping up to be a busier time.
“We’re still in a hunker down period right now,” Foos drummer Taylor Hawkins told NME when asked about the status of Foo Fighters and new Foo Fighters music. “We’re fine, we love each other we’re all good. We’re just figuring out when the world’s ready for more Foo Fighters, we’re a family.”
He added, “We will make a new record at some point. We won’t really be ready until Dave’s ready to go. It’s on the books, so we’ll definitely be playing. We never really know, we just wait for a text from Dave saying, ‘Hey, let’s go down to the studio.’”
Even without a new album in toe, Foo Fighters will be hitting the European festival circuit in 2017, plus have a performance slated in the U.S. at the 2017 MusiCares Person of the Year gala to honor Tom Petty. The MusiCares event is Feb. 10 in Los Angeles.
- Foo Fighters Reportedly Set to Record New Album in 2017
- Dave Grohl and Dave Navarro Appear on Nine Inch Nails’ New EP
- Dave Grohl’s Mom Pens Book About Rock Star Moms
- Billy Corgan on Getting Mentioned in Foo Fighters’ Video: ‘This is Hysterical’
- Foo Fighters are Not Breaking Up