Rock News: A Perfect Circle guitarist Billy Howerdel talks tour, new music
After a string of late-2010 tour dates in the US and an early 2011 announce that A Perfect Circle would be headlining Rock on the Range in May, the hard rock band has finally unveiled a full list of summer tour dates, including gigs at Toronto’s Edgefest, Colorado’s Red Rocks and more.
A Perfect Circle guitarist Billy Howerdel says the group will be “playing some of the new songs,” on this tour, “so that’s always an exciting prospect.”
“We’re still kind of in the creative process of them, but we have every intention of playing them live,” he added. ”I’m really looking forward to it. I’m also looking forward to getting back on a tour and playing big enough places to actually have a production of sorts.”
He also says the while he’s excited for the new songs, don’t expect an album…yet.
“No album right now. Songs will trickle in as they’re written and as needed, so maybe next year that will come together as a bigger collection of songs. But right now, there won’t be an album,” he said.
Listen to managing editor Anne Erickson’s interview with Howerdel below:
Find a complete list of tour dates on the hard rock band’s website, as well as ticket information.
- Featured Artist: Seether’s Shaun Morgan Looks Up to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Deftones
- Dave Grohl, Josh Freese Among Gibson.com’s Top 10 Rock Drummers of All Time
- Avenged Sevenfold Bass Player Says Next Album Will Be Difficult Without the Rev [VIDEO]
- Disturbed, Paramore, the Black Keys Make Gibson.com’s Top 10 Modern Rock Bands of the 2000s
- Metallica Contrubite to Movie Soundtrack for ‘Hesher’