New alternative pop-rock from Jane’s Addiction is on the way
‘90s alternative rockers Jane’s Addiction are back in the new music game, and their upcoming album, The Great Escape Artist, now has a release date in sight: Sept. 27 in the U.S., and Sept. 26 in the U.K. and Europe, via Capitol.
Jane Addiction founding members Perry Farrell and Dave Navarro recorded the album with drummer Chris Chaney and TV on the Radio’s Dave Sitek on bass in Los Angeles with producer Rich Costey (Interpol, Muse). Sitek, in addition to playing bass, wrote and did programming on the album. He joins Jane’s Addiction right after the departure of Guns N’ Roses bass player Duff McKagan.
Why the title, The Great Escape Artist? “I love being able to escape my past, even though my past was great,” front man Ferrell told Rolling Stone. “I just love the future even more.”
Ferrell says, musically, the fourth studio album is a blend “of that post-punk goth darkness that’s Jane’s had, with what’s going on today with group like Muse and Radiohead.”
He added that as much as he’d like to put out a release that 100% satisfied Jane’s Addiction fans, “I just can’t help myself from moving forward.”
The dark and edgy “End to the Lies” is the album’s lead single.
Watch Behind the Scenes Clips from the Recording of The Great Escape Artist
- Alice in Chains, Jane’s Addiction, Coheed and Cambria + More to Play 2013 Uproar Festival
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins Sits in on Jane’s Addiction Gig
- Jane’s Addiction’s Perry Farrell Pitching Live Music TV Show
- Jane’s Addiction Book Lollapalooza After Party, Give Away New Album
- Perry Farrell Thrilled to Have Black Sabbath on Lollapalooza Bill