Watch the lyric video for Staind’s new single, ‘Not Again’
Time and time again, we’ve heard that the new album from Staind is the band’s “heaviest” yet. Now that the debut single is out, “Not Again,” it’s clear Aaron Lewis and the boys weren’t exaggerating. Grinding alt-metal, dark imagery and pain-soaked vocals jet out at the listener, in a very murky, melodic package. It’s heavier than anything on 1999′s Dysfunction.
The Massachusetts rockers have released the lyric video for, “Not Again,” and you can watch it, below. The track appears on the band’s self-titled, seventh studio album and their first full-length in three years. With that time lapse and Staind’s proven track record on hit songs, this is one of the most anticipated rock albums of 2011.
The album, Lewis says, was an outlet to get out his feelings and emotions: “I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have music as a way of getting things off my chest and expressing feelings and thoughts that I’m not necessarily very good at in day-to-day life,” he told the Lansing State Journal.
Watch the Lyric Video for ‘Not Again,’ Below
- Staind Guitarist Joins Jason Newsted’s New Band
- Staind Going on Hiatus But Not Breaking Up, Says Aaron Lewis
- Staind to Unleash ‘Live from Mohegan Sun’ CD and DVD / Blue-ray
- Dates Announced for 2012 Uproar Festival Featuring Shinedown, Staind, P.O.D, Papa Roach and More
- Shinedown, Staind, P.O.D., Papa Roach and More to Play Rockstar Uproar