Stone Temple Pilots singer gets in the Christmas spirit
At one time, Scott Weiland and Christmas went together like peanut butter and sardines. But, no longer. The Stone Temple Pilots vocalist is getting knee-deep into the festive holiday this year, releasing a Christmas album, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, on Rhino Records. The set was originally scheduled to drop this Tuesday (Oct. 4), but the release date has been pushed back to Oct. 24. Expect a broad array of styles on the LP, from big band swing to reggae to bossa nova, and a mass of traditional Christmas tunes, including “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” “What Child Is This?” and “Silent Night.”
The forthcoming album isn’t Weiland’s first sortie into holiday music. Previously, he released a cover version of “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” as a single, and he played the song live on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno in 2006.
All teasing aside, this could turn out to be a sleeper hit in the Christmas CD market. After all, Weiland possesses a lush, God-given tenor voice that made him the star of Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver and numerous other musical projects. We’re stoked to hear Weiland’s pipes all over the Christmas set. This is a soundtrack that everyone from teens to Great Grandma Jean can agree upon as background music to Christmas dinner.
Scott Weiland’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year Track List:
1. The Christmas Song
2. I’ll Be Home tor Christmas
3. White Christmas
4. Silent Night
5. It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
6. What Child Is This?
7. Winter Wonderland
8. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
9. Happy Christmas and Many More
10. O Holy Night
- Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts Announce Fall 2015 Tour
- Slash, Stone Temple Pilots to Headline Food Truck & Rock Carnival
- Stone Temple Pilots Announce 2015 Tour Dates
- Def Leppard’s Phil Collen Launches New Band with STP’s Robert DeLeo
- Stone Temple Pilots Announce 2015 U.S. Tour Dates