Eddie Trunk-hosted ‘Metal Show’ to feature big names
Season 10 of VH1 Classic’s “That Metal Show” is scheduled to unleash its killer, heavy sounds on Saturday, March 31, and host Eddie Trunk and the show’s staff have announced the upcoming season’s guests. Big names this year include Metallica’s Lars Ulrich, Iron Maiden’s Adrian Smith, Alice Cooper, former Metallica bass slinger Jason Newsted, Flying Colors and Adrenaline Mob drummer Mike Portnoy, Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready and Disturbed’s David Draiman, to name a few. Got that?
This will be Smith’s first appearance on the show, and he’s a big catch, as Iron Maiden cranks out the kind of music on which “That Metal Show” is based. “I’ve known the Maiden guys for a long time and been a fan since day one,” “That Metal Show” co-host Eddie Trunk told VH1.com’s Tuner (via Blabbermouth). “They are easily one of the most requested bands to have a member of on ‘That Metal Show’. Because they are such a global band, it’s been hard to track them down, but thrilled we were able to catch up with Adrian. It will be cool because we don’t hear from him often, he’s a great guy, has a huge history with the band, and has a new side project to discuss.
“I’m so excited about the evolution of the show, having rock and metal artists, and first time and returning guests. I love all the variety and am thrilled for a huge 2012!” Check out the full “That Metal Show” program schedule via the show’s official site. Metal on!
- Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen, Metallica to Play ‘The Concert for Valor’
- Metallica, No Doubt, Deftones and Linkin Park to Play Inaugural U.S. Rock in Rio
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich is a Big Oasis Fan
- Metallica Announce ‘Some Kind of Monster’ Blu-ray, Black Friday Record Store Day Release
- Pearl Jam, Soundgarden Announced for Neil Young’s Bridge School Benefit