Shinedown kick off the 2012 Avalanche Tour this week
Hard rockers Shinedown are lending some new tracks to the “Rock Band” video game franchise.” Harmonix, maker of “Rock Band,” has stated that they will include three more songs from the Florida-based hard rockers for “Rock Band 3.” The three-song “Sounds of Shinedown” downloadable content pack features two songs from 2008’s “Sound of Madness,” “Second Chance,” and “The Crow and the Butterfly,” plus lead single “Bully” from their new album, “Amaryllis,” which arrives today (March 27).
These tracks will arrive as the “Sounds of Shinedown Pack” for $5.49, or as individual tracks for $1.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and $2.00 on Wii. “Sounds of Shinedown” will be available starting today for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii.
Shinedown are gearing up for the 2012 Avalanche Tour, which kicks off tonight, in Anaheim, Calif., and runs through April 25 in Baltimore, Md. The tour also features a crop of hard rock bands, including Adelitas Way, New Medicine and Art of Dying.
The guys live for the road, and guitarist Zach Myers says they’re always overwhelmed by the loyalty of their fans. “We did 470 shows on Shinedown’s ‘Sound of Madness Tour,’ and there were people who were at 150 shows on that tour,” Myers recently told Audio Ink Radio. “It’s crazy to think about. Our fan club Shinedown Nation is amazing, and we try to be close with all our fans. When there are people who have been to 40 of your shows, you get to know those people and develop a kinship with them.” (Photo credit: Anne Erickson.)
- Shinedown Members Brent Smith and Zach Myers Releasing More Acoustic Cover Songs
- Shinedown’s Brent Smith and Zach Myers Cover Pearl Jam’s ‘Black’
- Shinedown Planning Storyteller-Style Tour Following Carnival of Madness
- Carnival of Madness Featuring Shinedown, Papa Roach, Skillet Reveals First Round of Dates
- Shinedown, Papa Roach, Skillet and In This Moment Lead 2013 Carnival of Madness Tour