Christian metal boys As I Lay Dying select Bill Stevenson to produce new album
Mondays often bring metal news, and today (April 16), San Diego Christian metal outfit As I Lay Dying announced that longtime producer Bill Stevenson will produce their new album this May. Bill Stevenson is known for his work with punk rock band, as his credits include honing the sounds of the Descendents, Black Flag, Rise Against and Anti-Flag, so we’re curious to see how his style influences As I Lay Dying’s straight-ahead metal sound.
As I Lay Dying are slated to record throughout this spring, and the new album should arrive in the second part of 2012. Expect track titles, album art, new music, behind-the-scenes videos and more to trickle out as the band gets more into the writing process. Bass player and Josh Gilbert has been updating fans from the studio via the group’s official Twitter account, so follow the band for album updates. The upcoming disc is As I Lay Dying’s follow up to their 2010 disc, “The Powerless Rise,” which scored the band’s highest chart showing yet, entering the Billboard 200 at No. 10.
After the guys wrap up recording sessions, they’ll jet off on the fifth annual Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival, an annual touring festival known for its brutal, pummeling sounds. Other bands on this year’s bill include the Devil Wears Prada, Slipknot, Motorhead, Asking Alexandra and more. The madness will launch on June 30 in San Bernardino, Calif., and run through Aug. 5 in Hartford, Conn. Find a full list of tour dates, here.
- As I Lay Dying Singer Tim Lambesis’ Lawyer Says Steroids to Blame in Murder-for-Hire Scheme
- As I Lay Dying Singer Tim Lambesis Pleads Not Guilty in Murder-for-Hire Plot
- As I Lay Dying Band Members Issue Statement Regarding Singer Tim Lambesis’ Arrest
- As I Lay Dying Frontman Tim Lambesis Arrested in Murder-for-Hire Plot
- As I Lay Dying and the Devil Wears Prada Kick off 2013 Marathon Metalcore Tour