Axl Rose is overwhelmed by the ‘positive response’ from fans after declining Rock Hall invite
Last week, Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose wrote a lengthy letter explaining to the public why he opted not to attend at his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this past Saturday (April 14). Now, Rose has issued another letter, this one from his Twitter feed, thanking fans for the “overwhelmingly positive response and public support” he says he got after his decision to avoid the ceremony.
In the latest note, tweeted today (April 17), Rose brings up the issue of the Hall’s induction process, saying, “I still don’t exactly know or understand what the Hall is or how or why it makes money, where the money goes, who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, officially ‘rock’ enough to be in the Hall?”
Still, he insists his words aren’t in any way an assault on the Hall. “This isn’t an attack,” he said. “These are genuine issues I don’t have enough verified information on to have more than rough ideas. Certainly not enough information to make any judgments about.”
Finally, Rose apologizes to the city of Cleveland for not attending the show and asserts that it has nothing to do with the city. “I would like to apologize to Cleveland, Ohio for not apologizing to them beforehand for not attending [the ceremony] in their city,” he explains. “I think they know how much I genuinely love performing there. Cleveland does in fact Rock!!” The full letter is available to read, here.