Expect to hear new Kings of Leon tracks next year
Alternative rockers Kings of Leon are readying their latest full-length, and it’s coming soon. In fact, the new tunes are on target to arrive next year! Bass player Jared Followill says that the guys are getting ready to enter the studio to start recording their much-anticipated follow-up to their 2010 release, “Come Around Sundown.”
“We are in the writing process right now and it’s coming along pretty quickly,” Followill told BBC 6 Music when asked about new music. “We’ll definitely get into the studio by the end of this year but we have no plans of finishing it this year. But definitely early next year, so I think people should expect something from us sooner rather than later.” This is the first time a band member has given any sort of timeline for the new release, so this surely comes as good news to fans.
In the meantime, Followill is keeping busy with his new side project featuring Mona frontman Nick Brown, Smoke & Jackal. The band recently released their debut EP, called “EP1,” and fans can check out every single track from the release via a stream on the band’s official website.
- Kings of Leon Announce New Album, ‘Walls’
- Kings of Leon Announce North American Summer and Fall Tour
- Arctic Monkeys, Lorde, Kings of Leon, Foster the People Set for Lollapalooza 2014
- Report: Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon, Eminem and Skrillex to Play Lollapalooza 2014
- Kings of Leon Featured on ‘August: Osage County’ Soundtrack with Acoustic Version of ‘Last Mile Home’