Young the Giant hit milestone with singles ‘My Body’ and ‘Cough Syrup’
Young the Giant may be holed up in a recording studio, working hard on new music for their upcoming sophomore album, but the band’s earlier hits are back in the spotlight. The Irvine, Calif.-based indie rock band’s catchy singles “My Body” and “Cough Syrup,” off Young the Giant’s self-titled debut album, each just passed the 500,000 download mark, which means the guys have been certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America.
On top of the gold certification in the U.S., the songs are doing well up north, as well. In Canada, “My Body” has earned a platinum certification for a million copies sold, and “Cough Syrup” has been certified gold. Both songs topped Nielsen’s BDS Alternative chart in 2011 and 2012, so the success is a long time coming.
Young the Giant’s sophomore album is expected to arrive in the latter part of this year.
- Young the Giant Announce 2014 Tour Dates
- Foo Fighters Added to Summerfest Lineup
- Grouplove, Young the Giant Prep for 2012 Trek [Tour Dates]
- Young the Giant, ‘Cough Syrup,’ Brings Catchy Alt-Rock – Song Review
- Young the Giant Guitarist Explains Band Name