Jack White’s other band, the Raconteurs, is in the studio working on new music
As if Jack White isn’t busy enough being the 2013 Record Store Day ambassador and working on a follow-up to his debut solo album, “Blunderbuss,” it seems that White has also set aside some time to work with his other band, the Raconteurs. White says that he recently hit the studio with the group to start working on new music, and it’s the first time the guys have started working on new tunes in years.
“All The Raconteurs and all the Dead Weather live in Nashville now, so we often go on trips together, because we’re all just good pals,” he said in a recent interview with Rolling Stone. “We’ve recorded some things, too. And [guitarist and co-frontman] Brendan [Benson] and the Raconteurs just built a new studio right in town, so it’s a lot of great inspiration going around.”
In other news, White recently performed at the 2013 Grammy Awards and was nominated for several trophies. Next up, White is being recognized by a different awards show, the mtvU Woodie Awards, and is up for two awards at the Woodie’s, making him the artist in the lead. One of the awards, the Branching Out Woodie, pays tribute to musicians who find innovative, creative ways to use social media.
- Jack White Directs Clip on Photographer and Designer David James Swanson
- The Dead Weather Debut ‘I Feel Love (Every Million Miles)’ Video
- Jack White’s The Dead Weather Reveal New Album Details
- Jay Z’s ‘Magna Carta…Holy Grail’ Set for Reissue via Third Man Records with Bonus Track
- Trip Metal Band Wolf Eyes Sign with Jack White’s Third Man Records