Members of Pearl Jam, Guns N’ Roses and Screaming Trees are making music together in a new project
Grunge fans will surely celebrate at the news that former Screaming Trees and Mad Season drummer Barrett Martin has announced he’s joined a new band, and it includes Pearl Jam guitar player Mike McCready and Guns N’ Roses bass player Duff McKagan. Martin says he got the idea to put together the band after working with McCready on songs for last year’s self-titled debut release of his band Walking Papers, which also includes McKagan.
“I had a whole bunch of song ideas and Mike had a whole bunch of song ideas and Duff had a whole bunch of song ideas that were not making it into Walking Papers,” he told Billboard. “We decided that we would go into the studio and record them.”
Next step: finding some vocalists to lend their talents to the release. McCready says that he’s seeking out some singers to croon on the album. “We wrote some new stuff and we took some of those old Mad Season demos from that [unreleased] second Disinformation record, so we are trying to find something to do with those,” he said. “We’re talking to Jaz [Coleman] from Killing Joke and I’ve been trying to find some singers to work on some of that stuff.”
No word yet on when the group’s debut album will be released.
- Shinedown’s Brent Smith and Zach Myers Cover Pearl Jam’s ‘Black’
- Pearl Jam Guitarist Stone Gossard Discusses Band’s Success, Longevity
- Pearl Jam and Kings of Leon Donating Items for Sandy Hook Promise Auction
- Soundgarden Drummer Matt Cameron Sitting Out 2014 Tour Due to Pearl Jam Commitments
- U2 Aiming to Release New Album in Early 2014, Says Adam Clayton