Daft Punk’s new single, ‘Get Lucky,’ just went No. 1 in the U.K.
Daft Punk are truly getting lucky with their new single, “Get Lucky.” The track, off the electronic duo’s upcoming studio album “Random Access Memories,” has just notched the No. 1 spot on the U.K. singles chart. As if that weren’t enough fanfare, the group also snagged the highest opening week in the U.K. thus far this year, pushing 155,000 units, reports Britain’s Official Charts Company.
“I am so honored and completely blown away,” song collaborator Nile Rodgers of Chic said of the chart success in an official statement. “The relationship between myself and Daft Punk was just so unbelievably right. So, the fact that it has gone to No. 1 is humbling.”
“Random Access Memories” is set to hit stores and online outlets on May 21. The upcoming, 13-track release is set to feature a slew of high-profile guests artists, including Strokes vocalist Julian Casablancas, Animal Collective’s Noah Lennox (aka Panda Bear), DJ Falcon, dance-music producer Giorgio Moroder, producer Todd Edwards, Canadian producer and singer Chilly Gonzales and Academy Award-winning musician Paul Williams.
- Daft Punk, Lorde, Vampire Weekend and Arctic Monkeys on Rolling Stone’s Best Songs of 2013 List
- Daft Punk, Animal Collective’s Panda Bear Offering Signed Skateboards in Charity Auction
- Daft Punk Hit No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart with ‘Random Access Memories’
- Daft Punk Say ‘Get Lucky’ Brings Together Different Eras of Dance Music
- Daft Punk Release New Single, ‘Get Lucky’