Former Oasis Frontman Liam Gallagher Nearly Killed by Peanut M&M

2013-05-07

Story by Anne Erickson

Liam Gallagher says he almost died after eating a peanut M&M last month

Former Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher recently experienced some major drama, and no, it had nothing to do with his feud with brother Noel. The Beady Eye singer has dropped the news that he went into anaphylactic shock and almost died after munching on a blue peanut M&M during a vacation this past April.

“I was bored and hungry…I’ve always liked M&Ms so I got into them. My mouth started to swell up and I could feel it tightening my throat,” Liam told U.K. newspaper The Sun. “I had to go to the docs and get it checked out straight away.”

Of course, Gallagher plans to avoid peanut M&Ms – and anything with peanuts, actually – in the future. He says that he’s been diagnosed with a nut allergy and has to carry a “special injection” when he’s out and about to use if he somehow comes into contact with any foods containing nut products.

Meanwhile, Gallagher’s band Beady Eye are gearing up to release their sophomore full-length, “BE,” on June 11.




Related Posts