Nirvana plan to release a special, 20th anniversary edition of their sophomore album, “In Utero,” in September
Nirvana have been coming up on a few anniversaries as of late. The legendary grunge group celebrated the 20th anniversary of their renowned sophomore album, 1991’s “Nevermind,” two years ago, and they released a few deluxe packages to commemorate the landmark. Now, the 20th anniversary of the band’s third and final studio release, “In Utero,” is coming up, and it looks like the band will celebrate that milestone with some goodies, as well.
Specifically, Nirvana are planning to release a 20th anniversary deluxe edition of “In Utero” this fall. The news came via a promotional TV spot for “In Utero” that first aired in 1993 and was posted on Nirvana’s YouTube channel on Wednesday (July 10), announcing the release. The short video clip shows late frontman Kurt Cobain, drummer Dave Grohl and bass player Krist Novoselic playing the roles of expectant mothers getting tips on what to expect while delivering their babies via comedian Bobcat Goldthwait.
According to an illustration in the video, the “In Utero” set should arrive in stores sometime this September. Watch the video below.
Watch the Nirvana’s ‘In Utero’ November 2013 Video Teaser:
- Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain + Alice in Chains’ Layne Staley – Remembering the Legacy
- Smile Empty Soul’s Sean Danielsen Talks ‘Rarities,’ Covering Nirvana and More
- Nirvana Singer Kurt Cobain Would Have Turned 50 Years Old Today
- Nirvana Compilation ‘Incesticide’ Turns 25 in 2017
- Krist Novoselic on What Kurt Cobain Would Think of Modern Music