Slash and Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators start writing process for Slash’s upcoming solo release
Slash and Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators were busy on the road this summer in support of Slash’s current solo album, “Apocalyptic Love.” Even keeping busy on the road, the guys have managed to find time to start working on new songs for Slash’s upcoming album.
According to a recent interview with The Morning Call, Slash says he and Kennedy have been working hard “going through this sketch process” to write new music and plan to get back in the studio following Kennedy’s work on the next Alter Bridge album.
“We’ll get together and start fleshing this stuff out,” Slash explained. “We’re sending the stuff back and forth [to] get the groundwork going on — what we like, what we don’t like.”
The former Guns N’ Roses guitarist also says that while he’s not quite sure what the album will end up sounding like, he’s very happy with what he and the guys have written thus far. “I’m really excited about the material and it’s great,” he said. “I don’t know what particular direction it is. It’s a hard-rock record, because that’s what I do, but you really can’t say anything about it until it’s out.”
(Photo credit: Travis Shinn)
- Alter Bridge Guitarist Mark Tremonti on Touring, New Music + More
- Alter Bridge Vocalist Myles Kennedy Talks ‘The Last Hero,’ Guns N’ Roses and More
- Slash, Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready Appear on Ace Frehley’s Covers Album
- Slash, Alice in Chains’ Jerry Cantrell to Appear in Electric Guitar Documentary
- Guns N’ Roses Reunion Confirmed for Coachella 2016