Stone Temple Pilots will release their first EP with singer Chester Bennington in October
Stone Temple Pilots recently announced that they’re working hard on a new EP, and now, that EP has a title, release date and cover art. The legendary post-grunge band will release “High Rise” on Oct. 8 via 13Star Records. The EP is the band’s first release to feature new singer Chester Bennington of Linkin Park on vocals. The cover art can be viewed right here.
“Out of Time,” the first single off the upcoming EP, is an important song to guitarist Dean DeLeo.
“Oh my goodness, it is a new chapter,” he told ARTISTDirect. “We changed our quarterback, man! There’s never really a concerted effort when we go into the studio that we have to do this or write that. We just do what we do.”
He added, “We want to make sure each of us are happy with it, and it resonates with us. Usually, when that happens, it does what it’s supposed to do, and other people are moved by it as well. Music is a place to dip our minds and our hearts, right?”
In other band news, Stone Temple Pilots will hit the road this fall of a North American tour, which sets off Sept. 4 in Bethlehem, Penn.
- Stone Temple Pilots Looking for a New Singer
- Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver Song Sales Increase Following Scott Weiland’s Death
- Stone Temple Pilots’ ‘Plush’ No. 1 on Billboard’s LyricFind Chart
- Billy Corgan Writes Tribute to Scott Weiland
- Stone Temple Pilots Issue Statement on Scott Weiland’s Death