Listen to Metallica’s new tune, ‘Lords of Summer’
Metallica are out on their “Metallica by Request” tour, which is taking the guys through Latin and South America, Europe and Canada, playing set lists voted on by fans. Last week, Metallica performed their much-anticipated new song “Lords of Summer” at a show in Bogotá, Colombia, and now, the metal men have posted a studio recording of the track.
Metallica are calling the eight-plus minute song the “garage demo version,” since it’s not a proper, polished recording, but not a live recording, either. Drummer Lars Ulrich told Rolling Stone that the tune is “fairly representative of where our creative headspace is at right now.”
While it would make sense to expect the song to arrive on a future Metallica album, according to Ulrich, “Lords of Summer” won’t necessarily show up on Metallica’s follow-up to “Death Magnetic.” As he explained, “That’s how we work; stuff just gets changed around, moved over and this goes over there and the rest of that gets sacked and that ends up in the intro in song five.”
Stream “Lords of Summer” via Metallica’s official YouTube page and hear it below.
Hear Metallica’s ‘Lords of Summer’:
- Jason Newsted Weighs In on Metallica’s New Album and Robert Trujillo
- Korn Taps Metallica Bassist Robert Trujilo’s Son for Upcoming Tour
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich: You Want to Make Shows into Events
- Metallica and Lady Gaga Share Grammy Rehearsal Footage