Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying will spend the next six years in prison
As I Lay Dying frontman Tim Lambesis is starting a six-year stay in prison. Lambesis, who was charged for hiring an undercover cop to murder his estranged wife about a year ago, was given a six-year sentence, who no possibility for probation, Friday (May 16) in a San Diego courtroom.
According to Blabbermouth, Lambesis’ former As I Lay Dying bandmates Nick Hipa, Phil Sgrosso, and Josh Gilbert were present. Earlier this year, Lambesis had pleaded guilty to the charge of solicitation of murder. He also claimed that misuse of steroids influenced his mind and ordered the death of his estranged wife, Meggan Lambesis.
As previously reported, Lambesis told an undercover hitman that his desire was to have his estranged wife “gone. I want her never, ever, ever to come back,” adding, “Just so you know, I do want her dead.”
Radio.com reports that Meggan’s father, Mike Murphy, stated the family is still terrified by Meggan’s murder, stating, “We know that prison is a great alibi for someone who wants to complete the deed … He was only worried about the money. Tim is only sorry he got caught.” Meggan also testified, stating she felt “fragile” around Tim. She filed a civil lawsuit in August for $2 million which is pending.
Photo by Anne Erickson
- As I Lay Dying Singer Tim Lambesis Pleads Guilty to Murder-For-Hire Charges
- As I Lay Dying Singer Tim Lambesis Will Stand Trial in Alleged Murder-for-Hire Plot
- Killswitch Engage Drummer Justin Foley Sitting Out Tour; As I Lay Dying’s Jordan Mancino Filling In
- As I Lay Dying Vocalist Tim Lambesis Released on $2 Million Bail
- As I Lay Dying Singer Tim Lambesis’ Lawyer Says Steroids to Blame in Murder-for-Hire Scheme