Courtney Love thinks Nirvana wouldn’t have been inducted into the Rock Hall if frontman Kurt Cobain were alive today
Courtney Love is never one to hold back with her words, and now, the Hole frontwoman has stated that her late husband Kurt Cobain’s untimely death is “probably” the reason Nirvana was so quickly inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The band was inducted into the legendary Rock Hall earlier this year.
Speaking with Australia’s News.com.au, Love elaborated on some inequalities between many of the 2014 inductees. “KISS had to wait 18 years after they were eligible,” Hole said. ”But Nirvana [got] in the second they were, probably because Kurt died.”
Love added that although she may have rejected the kind of acclaim that goes with being inducted into an establishment like the Rock Hall, she would welcome the chance today. “Now, (I) want something like (the Hall of Fame induction) but back in the day it was so cheesy,” adding that her band Hole might have a shot at induction “depend(ing on) if we get back together and what we put out is worthy of it.”
Love was present at Nirvana’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction a few months ago. At the show, she famously hugged and made up with Nirvana drummer and Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl.
- Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain + Alice in Chains’ Layne Staley – Remembering the Legacy
- Smile Empty Soul’s Sean Danielsen Talks ‘Rarities,’ Covering Nirvana and More
- Nirvana Singer Kurt Cobain Would Have Turned 50 Years Old Today
- Nirvana Compilation ‘Incesticide’ Turns 25 in 2017
- Krist Novoselic on What Kurt Cobain Would Think of Modern Music