Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan is a father again
It may not be the Tool news fans were expecting, but nevertheless, it’s cause for celebration. Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan just welcomed his second child into the world. The singer, who also fronts A Perfect Circle and Puscifer, welcomed a baby girl with wife Lei Li.
He announced the news via a post on the Instagram page of Puscifer, stating that their daughter’s name is Lei Li Agostina Maria and she arrived at 7:19 p.m. on July 25, weighing in at seven pounds.
Keenan also has an 18-year-old son from a previous relationship, Devo, who is also a musician. He has appeared in a few of his father’s musical endeavors, including singing background vocals on a track on A Perfect Circle’s 2003 release, “Thirteenth Step.”
In more musical news, some of Tool’s members recently explained to Rolling Stone that Tool haven’t been able to focus on putting out new music because of a legal battle that started in 2007, but they are shooting to release new music sometime later this year.
- Tool + Maynard James Keenan Continue Work on New Album
- Maynard James Keenan’s Book Tour to Feature Moderators from Soundgarden, A Perfect Circle
- Maynard James Keenan Preps Biography
- Tool Album Update from Maynard James Keenan
- Maynard James Keenan’s Puscifer Announces 2016 Tour