Nickelback are back with a new album and in-the-works tour
Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger recently celebrated a big milestone by marrying pop singer Avril Lavigne, and now, Kroeger and the guys of Nickelback are gearing up for a new adventure: releasing a new album on a new label. The Canadian rockers will unleash a new song, “Edge of a Revolution,” on Tuesday (Aug. 19), and be back with a new full-length album this fall via a shiny new record label, Republic Records. The as-yet-untitled new album will mark the group’s first since 2011’s “Here and Now,” which marked Nickelback’s last album on Roadrunner Records.
Speaking with Billboard about inking Nickelback, Republic Records co-founder and CEO Monte Lipman explained, “I’ve been a fan of the band since their inception. It’s about how we can make a difference in their career. And that’s what I convinced these guys — I said, ‘You’re a legacy act, and as far as I’m concerned, your trajectory is right into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and I want to be a part of that.’”
According to Billboard, Nickelback are also plotting out a major tour to support the upcoming release.
- Nickelback Cancel North American Tour Due to Chad Kroeger’s Vocal Cyst
- Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger Helping One Direction with Songwriting
- Nickelback Score No. 1 Rock Single in ‘Edge of a Revolution’
- Nickelback Streaming New Song, ‘What Are You Waiting For?’
- Nickelback Tweet Track Listing for Upcoming Album