Judas Priest will celebrate the 30th anniversary of ‘Defenders of the Faith’ with a three-disc set
Judas Priest are coming up on the 30th anniversary of their seminal 1984 album “Defenders of the Faith” this January. In honor of that milestone, the legendary metal band will release a re-mastered expanded edition of the album featuring the original CD, plus two bonus discs packing footage from a May 1984 concert in Long Beach, Calif., this spring.
“Defenders of the Faith” reached No. 18 on the Billboard 200 chart back in 1984. Popular tracks off the release include “Love Bites,” “Freewheel Burning” and “Jawbreaker,” to name a few. Original producer Tom Allom re-mastered the new edition of the album that appears on the new release.
As for the concerts featured on the two bonus discs, those shows pack longstanding hits such as “Breaking the Law,” “Living After Midnight” and “You’ve Got Another Thing Coming.”
“It’s 30 years since we released ‘Defenders of the Faith’ – we’re very proud to say it has become a classic that’s beloved by Priest fans throughout the world,” the band said in the liner notes for the new offering.
The 30th anniversary edition of “Defenders of the Faith” will arrive on March 10, 2015.
Photo by Anne Erickson
- Rob Halford Box Set on the Way this Spring
- Judas Priest Review: ‘Turbo 30’ Revisits Classic Album with New Life
- Judas Priest, Jimi Hendrix Set for Record Store Day ‘Black Friday’
- Judas Priest, Korn, All That Remains and More Set for 2015 Knotfest
- Judas Priest, the Rolling Stones, Red Hot Chili Peppers to Appear on ‘Guitar Hero Live’