A new book will be released in conjunction with the upcoming film, ‘Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck’
“Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck” will mark the first completely authorized documentary about the late Nirvana frontman, and now, the film is getting its own companion book. Publisher Insight Editions has announced it will release the book, almost named “Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck,” on April 7, just two days after the anniversary of Cobain’s death.
The Cobain read will offer “a mixture of animation stills, rare photography and other treasures from Kurt Cobain’s personal archive,” according to Rolling Stone. In addition, it will feature comprehensive transcripts of the interviews director Brett Morgen did for the documentary, plus Morgen’s personal musings about directing the documentary.
Morgen had unique access to Cobain’s archives with the permission of Cobain’s daughter, Frances Bean, and widow, Courtney Love. Frances Bean also serves as one of the film’s executive producers.
“Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck” is expected to debut at the Sundance Film Festival this month. It will air on HBO sometime this year.
- Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain + Alice in Chains’ Layne Staley – Remembering the Legacy
- Smile Empty Soul’s Sean Danielsen Talks ‘Rarities,’ Covering Nirvana and More
- Nirvana Singer Kurt Cobain Would Have Turned 50 Years Old Today
- Nirvana Compilation ‘Incesticide’ Turns 25 in 2017
- Krist Novoselic on What Kurt Cobain Would Think of Modern Music