Metallica have release a line of skis with Armada
Metallica skis are now a reality. The metal guys have joined forces with ski manufacturer Armada to launch their own line of skis, featuring some Metallica-appropriate artwork.
“It’s no secret that three quarters of the band enjoy our snow sports (Kirk is sticking to the water for now!),” the band wrote in a message on their official website. “So we’re excited to announce that we have hooked up with Armada to create a line of Metallica skis for you to cruise around the mountains on.”
The artwork for the skis takes from the cover art of Metallica’s famed “Master of Puppets” album.
The skis, called the Metallica X Armada, are available now through the band’s online store here. The band also plans to release a windbreaker and gloves with Armada, also sporting the “Master of the Puppets artwork,” this September.
In other Metallica news, the band has been working on a new album. No word yet on when the release will arrive, but when it does, it will mark the follow-up to 2008’s “Death Magnetic.”
- Jason Newsted Weighs In on Metallica’s New Album and Robert Trujillo
- Korn Taps Metallica Bassist Robert Trujilo’s Son for Upcoming Tour
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich: You Want to Make Shows into Events
- Metallica and Lady Gaga Share Grammy Rehearsal Footage