Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger is giving the guys of One Direction songwriting advice
For the past week, Nickelback fans have been wondering why frontman Chad Kroeger was spotted in a studio session with boy band One Direction. As the story goes, a mysterious Instagram photo was posted last week that showed the singer hanging out with One Direction members Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne.
Studio engineer Robin Diaz, former drummer for Daughtry, posted the photo.
“They asked if I was gonna be in town and if I would like to come down to the studio and come up with some ideas on a song, just do a little songwriting,” Kroeger explained to ET Canada. “I was very flattered. I’m like, ‘Wow, the biggest band in the world wants me to come down and spit out a couple ideas.’”
Only time will tell how the Nickelback-meets-One Direction song will sound.
Nickelback’s last studio album, “No Fixed Address,” arrived in November of 2014.
- Nickelback Cancel North American Tour Due to Chad Kroeger’s Vocal Cyst
- Nickelback Score No. 1 Rock Single in ‘Edge of a Revolution’
- Nickelback Streaming New Song, ‘What Are You Waiting For?’
- Nickelback Tweet Track Listing for Upcoming Album
- Nickelback to Release New Album This Fall