Black Sabbath will perform at Ozzfest Japan, and Sharon Osbourne says this is the band’s ‘farewell’
Black Sabbath are set headline Ozzfest Japan 2015, bringing their heavy metal music, and the big gig is being called the group’s “farewell” show.
“This will be Black Sabbath’s farewell,” said Sharon Osbourne, wife of Black Sabbath frontman Ozzy Osbourne and organizer of Ozzfest Japan, in a video announcement.
It’s not entirely surprising that Black Sabbath are nearing their end as a band. Last year, Ozzy dropped the news that he and band mates Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler were recording one final album together as Black Sabbath. He also promised the group would hit the road on one final tour together. “…We’re going to do one more album, and a final tour,” Ozzy told Metal Hammer.
Although Sharon stated that Ozzfest Japan show would mark Black Sabbath’s “farewell,” it remain ambiguous whether that means the show will be Black Sabbath’s absolute final gig, or if that’s just their final show in Japan.
Ozzfest Japan is set for Nov. 21-22 in Makuhari Messe, outside of Toyko. Korn will also play the festival.
- Bill Ward Says He Won’t Perform with Black Sabbath at Final Show
- Bill Ward Denies Offer to Perform with Black Sabbath
- Black Sabbath to Headline 2016 Download Festival
- Black Sabbath Planning Final Album and Tour, Says Ozzy Osbourne
- Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi Penning Music for ‘CSI’