Billie Joe Armstrong has five new Green Day songs demoed, says longtime producer Rob Cavallo
Green Day rocked the House of Blues in Cleveland earlier this month, and now, the band seems to be gearing up to record new music. Green Day producer Rob Cavallo says singer Billie Joe Armstrong is already at work on writing new music, and he has written and demoed five new tracks.
“Let me tell you, they were just fantastic,” Cavallo told Kerrang! of the new songs. “(Armstrong) is absolutely at the top of his game. Fans can be sure that when they do return, the music will be amazing.”
Cavallo is a longtime Green Day cohort and has been with the guys since he produced their 1994 debut, “Dookie.” Cavallo also produced Green Day’s most recent release, 2012’s “¡Tré!”
In other news, Green Day was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame earlier this month during a ceremony in Cleveland. The induction offered performances from Beck, Dave Grohl and Yeah Yeah Yeahs singer Karen O and will air May 30 on HBO.
- Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, AFI Members Featured in New Green Day Movie
- Green Day to Close Out North American Tour at the Rose Bowl
- Green Day Announce 2017 Summer Tour Dates
- Green Day Postpone Tour Dates Due to Illness
- Green Day: North American Tour Dates and Billie Joe Armstrong on the Big Screen